Inspired by the new exhibition Gregory Crewdson: In a Lonely Place, we are running an Instagram competition.
The exhibition In a Lonely Place takes it title from the Nicholas Ray’s 1950 classic film noir starring Humphrey Bogart and Gloria Grahame:
Which itself was adapted from a 1947 novel by Dorothy B. Hughes:
For this competition, City Gallery Wellington invites you to search for your own ‘moment of grace’ and post to Instagram your personal photographic interpretation of the title In a Lonely Place—whether that is a bleak urban cityscape, a modernist abstraction, or a psychological thriller.
To enter the competition, simply download the Instagram app for Android or iPhone, take and edit your picture, then post it to Instagram, accompanied by the hash tag #CGWCrewdsonComp.
The Centre for Contemporary Photography ran this competition during In a Lonely Place’s season in Sydney, so feel free to check out the entries on #CCPCrewdsonComp.
Entries close at 5pm Sunday 8 September. The winner will be awarded a copy of the sumptuous publication Beneath the Roses and a double membership to the Friends of City Gallery Wellington.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- The Gregory Crewdson Instagram competition is open to all New Zealand residents.
- The number of entries is limited to two per entrant. Users found in breach of this limit will forfeit their right to compete.
- Only entries submitted via the Instagram application and which are appropriately hashtagged will be accepted. Photographs submitted must be original works. We encourage entrants to geotag their photos but this is not essential and non-geotagged images will not be excluded from the competition.
- Entry is free and open until 5pm Sunday 8 September.
- The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are not negotiable; prizes cannot be transferred. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Please note entrants who submit their image/s are subject to Instagram terms and conditions, found at http://instagram.com/legal/terms/
- City Gallery reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of City Gallery, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements; and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of CCP, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of City Gallery. City Gallery reserves the right to disqualify a winner if City Gallery becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner's entry is of a type described in this clause.
- By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions you agree your images can be broadcast via digital feeds or printed for physical events by City Gallery. All images published on Instagram with #CGWCrewdsonComp may be moderated and displayed on the City Gallery website, Facebook page, Twitter account and Instagram application and in subsequent competition promotions (with attribution). The winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. These images and associated usernames will be public to all.
- By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions, you agree that City Gallery may use your personal details for the purpose of conducting the competition, including the use of your Instagram name in promotional formats.
- City Gallery shall endeavour to contact the winner via their Instagram account within one week of choosing the winner.