General Competition Terms and Competitions
City Gallery Wellington (referred to below as CGW), part of the Experience Wellington group, will occasionally offer prizes as part of competitions, including those run in conjunction with third-party competition promoters. These are the terms of conditions of such competitions, which entrants agree to by entering any competition.
- All entrants who participate in the competition are deemed to accept these terms and conditions of entry and any additional requirements as set out by the specific competition promoter. Where relevant, third party terms and conditions for the competition also apply. Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions will be deemed invalid at City Gallery Wellington’s sole discretion, and CGW takes no responsibility for such entries.
- To be eligible for entry into the competition, an entrant must:
○ Be eighteen years of age or over
○ Be located in New Zealand
○ Follow the entry instructions presented on the competition promotion.
- The competition is not open to schools, clubs, or businesses – only individuals can enter.
- CGW reserves the right to require any entrant to produce identification to verify their age.
- Board members, employees, and contractors of CGW and Experience Wellington, and their immediate family are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The competition prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- Except for the items stated in the competition prize, all additional expenses associated with claiming the prize are the winner’s sole responsibility.
- All times stated in the competition promotion, including the competition end time, refer to New Zealand local time and all references to currency refer to New Zealand Dollars.
- Following the promoted competition closing date, CGW will draw at random one prize winner from all eligible competition entries. The winner will be contacted privately via social media or, if provided by the entrant as part of a competition entry form, a phone number or email address. If a winner cannot be contacted within two working days, CGW reserves the right to redraw the prize. The final decision in respect of any competition winner will be at the sole discretion of CGW and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Neither CGW nor the promoter and its associated agencies and companies shall be liable in any way (including, without limitation, in negligence) for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss) or for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the competition except any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- Neither CGW nor the promoter is liable for any tax implications that may arise as a result of winning the competition.
- In the event that a competition prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond CGW or the promoter’s control, they reserve the right to replace the original prize with one of the same or higher value.
- Any personal information provided by a competition entrant will be held by Experience Wellington in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. The personal information will be stored in a database and may be used only by CGW for contacting the winner of the competition and otherwise in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- CGW will not sell, disclose or distribute the personal information provided by customers to any person, organisation, agency or other third party (except as required by law) and as provided for in these terms and conditions. Customers may request access to their information or may request that their information be removed from the database by contacting CGW.
- By entering this competition, you agree to receive marketing and promotional material from CGW, Experience Wellington and any related third party competition promoter.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed by or administered by Facebook, Instagram or Google.
If you have any queries regarding these competition terms and conditions please contact City Gallery Wellington.
Ticketing Terms & Conditions
- When purchasing tickets on the booking platform you must provide personal details, including credit card billing information. Your credit card details are used for real-time ticket purchasing and are not retained on our server or point of sale system. To facilitate your purchase, your billing information is shared with our banking gateway partner Payment Express. More information on how Payment Express handles your information can be found at www.paymentexpress.com/privacy-policy.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to request confirmation of their booking if no confirmation has been received.
- Please print your ticket confirmation or bring along a smartphone with email access.
- You may not have access to Wi-Fi onsite to access email confirmation.
- The confirmation email or booking reference needs to be presented to receive a physical ticket to enter a show, or you can give your name and ID to collect the tickets.
SHOWS & EVENTS
- There is no guarantee of allocated seating unless specifically offered at the time of booking.
- By purchasing tickets to an event or show you are accepting the terms and conditions of entry.
- By purchasing a ticket for a show or event with suggested restrictions of age, you are confirming that you are of an age legally permitted to view the show or attend the event.
- Photo ID may be requested of any customer at any time for ‘restricted’ events. The ID must include a date of birth and photo of the customer. Failure to present identification will result in refusal of entry without refund.
ERRORS AND MODIFICATIONS
Experience Wellington reserves the right to cancel any ticket that has been purchased at the wrong price, regardless of whether the error was caused by a transactional malfunction or human error. When this occurs, we will strive to provide the customer with a suitable show or event alternative and will refund as per refunds or exchanges policy within our terms and conditions policy
Experience Wellington reserves the right to change these terms and conditions or modify the website from time to time. The customer is responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions.
CANCELLED OR POSTPONED EVENTS
Occasionally, things don’t go as planned and events or shows need to be cancelled or postponed. If this occurs, Experience Wellington will attempt to contact the purchaser as soon as possible and refund the ticket amount or provide tickets for another event or show. We will use the contact details provided at the time of purchase and will publicly acknowledge on appropriate communications platforms.
- Experience Wellington will record your email address if you share it with us via the website.
- Your email address will only be used for the purposes for which you provide permission.
- Your email address will only be added to our email list if you expressly give permission.
- We will not share your email address without your consent.
- If there are any issues with the tickets or show, your email address will be used to contact you.
REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES
- Tickets purchased via our website or booking platforms are sold for a specific date and show.
- Tickets are sold on a strict no-refund, no-exchange and no-transfer basis unless required by law.
- Refunds will not be offered for any cancellations after 48 hours prior to the event.
- No refunds will be processed after the fact.
- Tickets purchased via the Experience Wellington associated platforms may incur a non-refundable booking fee per ticket.
- Experience Wellington reserves the right to adjust booking fees at any time in line with costs incurred on booking platforms.
These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with, and shall be governed by, the laws of New Zealand.
SAFE SPACES POLICY AT OUR SITES
Experience Wellington strives to provide a safe space for all, regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, physical ability, appearance, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, or religion. Harassment and harmful behaviours towards anyone at our sites including our staff, other visitors, artists, or contractors will not be tolerated. Perpetrators of such behaviour will be asked to leave immediately. Harassment and harmful behaviour include but is not limited to: Racist, sexist, classist, transphobic, homophobic, ableist, religiously bigoted comments. Intimidating and bullying behaviour. Failure to respect other’s boundaries. Inappropriate sexualised behaviour or advances. Our goal is that all people feel supported and welcomed in our spaces, and we take your safety and wellbeing seriously. If you have any concerns, and/or experience any inappropriate behaviour while you are here, please notify a member of our staff, or email us on email@example.com