City Gallery is committed to being open and accessible to all visitors and offers the following services and amenities:
- A lift is available to move between the Gallery’s two floors.
- A wheelchair is available for use from the front desk.
- There is a wheelchair accessible toilet on the ground floor and at Nikau Café.
- Guide dogs and assistance dogs are welcome at the Gallery.
- A hearing loop is located in the first two rows of the Adam Auditorium.
- For information on sign language interpretation programmes, please contact our Public Programmes Specialist.
Download a copy of our accessibility-friendly City Gallery Wellington Map or pick up a copy from the front desk. This shows the location of our latest exhibitions, loud sounds, bright and low lighting, and seating.
City Gallery is proud to have a Gold rating from Be Lab.
If you require additional information or support, please contact us.
Companion/Support Person Ticketing
Companions/support people can obtain complimentary tickets to paid exhibitions, events, theatre performances and programmes they are attending with a ticket holder.
Please get in touch with us by email or by phone (+64 4 913 9032) once you have processed your ticket to arrange the complimentary companion/support person ticket.
Safe Spaces Statement
City Gallery Wellington Te Whare Toi strives to provide a safe space for all, regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, physical ability, appearance, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, or religion.
Harassment and harmful behaviours towards anyone at our sites including our staff, other visitors, artists, or contractors will not be tolerated. Perpetrators of such behaviour will be asked to leave immediately.
Harassment and harmful behaviour include but is not limited to:
- Racist, sexist, classist, transphobic, homophobic, ableist, religiously bigoted comments.
- Intimidating and bullying behaviour.
- Failure to respect other’s boundaries.
- Inappropriate sexualised behaviour or advances.
Our goal is that all people feel supported and welcomed in our spaces, and we take your safety and wellbeing seriously. If you have any concerns, and/or experience any inappropriate behaviour while you are here, please notify a member of our staff, or email us on email@example.com.